Our mission statement:
Explore Washington State is where people share their stories about Washington State. Our goal is to help People explore and have an unique Washington experience.
Posts on the Explore Washington State website are helpful, not self-promotional. No jargon or corporate speak. Keep it interesting and conversational.
The audience is a fellow Explore. They are looking for something new to experience. What are they going to get out of your post?
The following are required material for Explore Washington State(EWS).
• 800 (min) – Please don’t limit your blog post based on this number. Most of EWS blog posts range from 800 – 2800 words.
Format for sharing:
• Share a Google doc or email a Word doc.
• Link to other content whenever relevant. Every link included must add value for readers.
Paragraph length and spacing:
• Keep paragraphs short. No longer than 4 lines.
• We adhere to the one space after the period philosophy, not two.
• Use headers and sub headers to break up your post.
• Avoid big blocks of text.
• When writing headlines be specific and indicate a benefit to the reader.
• Use bullet or numbered lists.
• End the post with a question or a call to action for comments. The more specific, the better.
We love images on the Orbit blog. We use them to break up text, make the blog post scannable and to support data. Ideally, we include one image at every scroll depth, so an image is always visible. .Include one header image .
• All post images must be at least 710px wide.
• NO STOCK PHOTOS (unless absolutely necessary, which is hardly ever).
• Include images that illustrate “how to” do something or images that support data.