Number of schools
Medium Home Price
Median Household Income
Wenatchee is the largest city in Chelan County and technically sits on the West side of the Columbia river. East Wenatchee is literally right across the river, but lies in Douglas County and is considered a separate entity. Wenatchee might be most famous for the apple orchards that are liberally scattered throughout the area. There is quite the history of hydroelectric power activity in the area as well, with multiple dams in close proximity to Wenatchee.
- Wenatchee is currently the the 33rd largest city in the State of Washington.
- According to the latest Census data taken in 2010, Wenatchee is home to about 32,000 residents.
- It used to known as the Buckle of the Power Belt of the Northwest. This was because of all the hydroelectric power generated in the region.
- Wenatchee was named for an Indian tribe. The original spelling was “Wenatchi”.
- Physical size: About 8 sq miles.